On July 25, 2023, at the 28th meeting, the Amazon Fund Steering Committee (COFA, in Portuguese) approved its Strategic View , the guidelines and focuses to use the resources of the Amazon Fund, during the period July 2023 to July 2025.
Following we present:
- A diagnosis of the Action Plan to Prevent and Control Deforestation in the Legal Amazon PPCDAm - 5th phase;
- strategic necessary investments to aim the commitment to zero deforestation by 2030 and;
- priority themes for the Amazon Fund’s actions at this stage
To access the full document, click here.
GUIDELINES AND CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION OF AMAZON FUND RESOURCES IN THE LEGAL AMAZON AND IN OTHER BRAZILIAN BIOMES AS WELL AS IN OTHER TROPICAL COUNTRIES
The guidelines and criteria for applying resources within the scope of the Amazon Fund determined by the Steering Committee, in accordance with Decree No. 6,527/08, cover the following:
- What is elligible for support
- How it will be supported
- Who can submit proposals
- What can be financed (supportable items)
- What cannot be financed
- What should be included in the project
- Transition rule
They are separated between the Amazon biome or other Brazilian biomes or tropical countries since the same Decree establishes that: “up to twenty percent of the Amazon Fund’s resources may be used to develop systems for monitoring and controlling deforestation in other Brazilian biomes and other tropical countries.”
To access the document concerning operations in the Legal Amazon, click here.
To access the document concerning operations outside the Legal Amazon and in other tropical countries, click here.
To access the spanish version, click here.
They present specific guidelines for support from the Amazon Fund on certain topics.
See below criteria already approved by COFA, only in portuguese:
- Rural Environmental Registration (CAR):
Guidelines for Amazon Fund Support for Rural Environmental Registration (CAR)
- Strengthening and expanding inspection, investigation and combating environmental crimes and infractions, aiming to prevent and combat deforestation and forest degradation in the Amazon:
Guidelines for the Amazon Fund’s support in monitoring and combating crimes and environmental infractions in the states of the Legal Amazon(updated on 11/10/2023)
- Environmental and land regularization and promotion of sustainable productive activities in agrarian reform settlements in the Legal Amazon:
Guidelines for supporting projects in Agrarian Reform Settlements
- Ecological-economic zoning (ZEE):
Guidelines to support the preparation, review, detailing and implementation of ecological-economic zoning (ZEE)
- Prevention and combat of forest fires and unauthorized burning:
Guidelines for support from the Amazon Fund to Military Fire Brigades in the states of the Legal Amazon for the prevention and combat of forest fires and unauthorized wild fires(updated on 11/10/2023)