The Amazon Fund Guidance Committee ( COFA) is responsible for establishing the guidelines and criteria of the Amazon Fund both for the Legal Amazon Region and out of the Legal Amazon Region (portuguese only), monitoring information on the application of its resources and approving the Activity Report.
COFA also ensures that the initiatives supported by the Amazon Fund are in line with those established in the PPCDAm and ENREDD+.
The Guidance Committee is constituted by representatives of governments and society, represented by ten agencies of the federal government, nine states of the Brazilian Legal Amazon and six representatives of civil society.
- Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change
- Ministry of Industry, Foreign Trade and Services
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Agriculture, Cattle-raising and Food Supply
- Ministry of Agrarian Development
- Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation
- Chief of Staff of the Presidency of the Republic
- Ministry of Indigenous Peoples
- Ministry of Justice and Public Security
- The Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES)
- Mato Grosso
- National Confederation of Industry (CNI)
- Coordination of the Indigenous Organization of the Brazilian Amazon (COIAB)
- National Confederation of Agricultural Workers (CONTAG)
- Brazilian Forum of NGOs and Social Movements for the Environment and Development (FBOMS)
- National Forum for Forest-based Activities (FNABF)
- Brazilian Society for the Progress of Science (SBPC)